Saturday, June 11, 2011

Au Nom de la Rose



Yesterday, I had to move out of my apartment, and after the craziness of the last few weeks, I was more than ready. There was just one thing I had left to do. I went down to a local rose boutique, called "au nom de la rose" ("in the name of the rose"), and bought a mini rose arrangement for my sweet neighbor, without whom I could never have made it through the fire the way I did. She stayed with me through the whole thing, called the firefighters, and even gave me her own bed to sleep in when I couldn't re-enter my own place the first night. If there's one thing I've learned through this whole ordeal, it's that human kindness and compassion are ever present and strong in a world otherwise full of assholes. For all the bitterness and spite that my landlady threw my way, Adeline was as sweet and warm-hearted as possible. Hence the roses I got her!



All of these roses were just part of the "gift wrapping"!



To more roses and rosy days for all of us!

lots of love,
aunbon

No comments:

Post a Comment